Sunday 18 October 2015

School Magazine Cover And Contents Page


The photo I used was of a student in-front of a school poster/banner stating “Hampstead school” - “Learning together, Achieving together”.
The title I chose was “The Student” with one student on the front to emphasise the title.I made the title the only font that was white to draw the eye to it more whilst keeping the title the same font (Bi Bi) as the writing on the banner to help it fit in.
I feel “The Student” makes the reader feel welcome and directed as they are a student as well. 
The colours I chose were red, white & grey as that is the colour theme of the school.
I changed the font on the rest of the writing (Helvetica) to give it a different importance. By picking the tagline “Do you want to strive to be the best you can” was a really catchy slogan and would draw the students attention to the magazine as every student is having an education to have a better future.
I put the main feature in red to give it more importance compared to the other features highlighting that its the main one.Tagline and Main feature are both in bold.
The questions in the coverlines makes the reader think for the answer. Also the coverline “Did your work make it on the best work of the week page” makes the reader want to find out if its work actually made it in the magazine. The coverlines were smaller than the main coverline to highlight the priority of the main coverline.
The price and date are in the bottom right corner in a light grey which makes it stand out as of the dark blue behind it.



With the contents page I kept the same layout as the front page (with the top grey shape and logo on top) and had the same colour theme as the title page and school theme. With “Contents”& “Features” I kept it in the same font (Bi Bi) as the schools font to help it fit in and look more professional.
I made the numbers of the pages a different colour (red which goes with school theme colours) to make it stand out.
The 5 pictures I took bring brightness to the page and help represent the school.
I decided to make a collage of the photos and keep them the same size with no main image as each picture is important and non needed a priority on the page. I kept the layout organised and simple to help the reader get round the magazine easier and better.
I kept what was in the magazine a different font (Helvetica) to make it more clearer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment